Sandwich bread slices – 8, fresh and soft
Paneer – 1 cup, crumbly
Onion – 1, large, thinly chopped
Butter – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Tomato – 2, medium sized and thinly sliced
Green chillies – 2, very finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Take butter in a pan and heat it on medium flame. As soon as the butter melts, add the cumin seeds to it.
2. When the spluttering sound is heard no more, put in the chopped onion and green chillies. Cook till the onion softens.
3. Next, add the chopped tomatoes to it. Sprinkle the red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Add salt according to taste and blend all the ingredients properly. Keep stirring constantly and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Combine the paneer and blend well. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes and then put out the flame. Keep aside and let the paneer cool down.
5. Arrange the bread slices on a cutting board and spread butter on them. On 4 of the slices, lay a liberal amount of the paneer mixture. Spread well so as to cover the entire slice.
6. Put the 4 other bread slices on top of the spread mixture.
7. Toast or grill the sandwiches till they becme golden and crunchy. It is best done in a sandwich toaster which prevents the paneer from coming out by sealing the edges.
8. Tastes best when served hot with ketchup or chutney.