Good quality rice – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 kg
Powdered cinnamon – 4
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil or ghee – 200 gms
Semolina – as required
1. Add cinnamon powder, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp ghee in 2 litres of boiling water in a wide mouth pan.
2. Pour semolina slowly and stir continuously, cover the pan and reduce the flame.
3. Cook till the water gets absorbed completely and a consistency is obtained for making chapatis. Remove from flame and allow it to cool down.
4. Now knead it properly to make the dough smooth.
5. Fry coconut and sugar in a hot pan till the coconut turns golden brown.
6. Make small balls of semolina dough, roll it and stuff it with the fried coconut.
7. Deep fry till golden brown.
8. Serve hot.