Chickepeas – 1 cup, soaked in water overnight
Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
Tomato – 3/4 cup, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Chana masala – 1 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1
Tea leaves – 2 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Slit green chillies – 2
Water as required
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Add some water to the soaked chickpeas.
2. Put tea leaves in a piece of cloth and tie it. Put the tied cloth in water.
3. Now boil the chickpeas till they become soft and dark in colour.
4. Then drain.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Put bay leaf and chopped onions. Saute.
6. Add slit green chillies, ginger and garlic paste. Stir. Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chana masala and chopped tomatoes. Deep fry.
7. Add the boiled chickpeas and a cup of water. Cook till the chickpeas get covered with the masala.
8. Add garam masala powder and salt. Mix well.
9. Serve with rice or chappathi.