Chicken breast – 1 kg, skinless and boneless
Fresh lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Plain yogurt – 1/4 cup
Garlic clove – 4, minced
Coriander – 1 1/2 tbsp, ground
Butter – 2 tbsp, melted
Cumin – 2 tsp, ground
Turmeric – 1 tsp, ground
Cayenne pepper – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – 1/8 tsp, ground
Bamboo skewers – 12, six to eight inches long and soaked in water for 30 minutes
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and clean the chicken breasts and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. Pour some lemon juice and salt over the chicken, cover and let it stand for about 30 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl take coriander, cumin, turmeric, yogurt, garlic and cayenne pepper and blend it well to form a thick paste.
4. Coat the chicken with the marinade, toss and refrigerate for about 304 hours.
5. Thread the chicken onto skewers and brush the kebabs with melted butter, using a soft kitchen brush.
6. Place on a pre-heated grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Keep turning while you grill it and check with a fork if it is cooked.
8. When completely done, remove from grill.
9. Serve hot with chutney and green salad.