Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Semolina – 3/4 cup
Jaggery – 5 tblsp, finely grated
Soda bicarbonate – a big pinch
Salt – a pinch
Coconut – 1/2 cup, finely grated
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Raisins – 25 gms
Cashewnuts – 25 gms
1. Soak dal in water for a few hours.
2. Drain, grind to a paste and set aside for 4 hours.
3. Roast semolina on a dry girdle till it starts changing colour.
4. Then mix with dal along with salt and soda.
5. Add enouch milk to form a thick batter.
6. Mix in the rest of the above ingredients along with 1 tblsp ghee
7. Grease idli racks nicely and fill half full with batter and steam till firm.
8. Serve hot with ghee poured on top.