Baking powder – 1 tsp
Dry milk powder – 1 1/2 cup
Cottage cheese – 500 gms
Oil – 1/3 cup
Cardamom powder – as per taste
Flour – 1/2 cup
For deep frying
Oil – 1 cup
Water – 5 cups
Sugar – 4 cups
1. Take flour, dry milk powder along with cottage cheese in a bowl. Pour the oil and knead well to make the dough.
2. Use the dough to prepare small sized round shaped balls. It is obvious that the number of balls will vary according to the size.
3. To enhance the aroma, shower some freshly ground cardamom powder on the balls.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the balls till they turn deep brown in colour.
5. Next, to prepare the syrup, take 4 cups of sugar along with 5 cups of water. Simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes and keep aside.
6. Carefully dip the fried balls into the sugar syrup. As soon as the balls fully absord the syrup, they will become heavy and will naturally settle down at the base of the pan.
7. Use a tong to take out the kalojams from the pan. Set them deliciously on another flat bottomed container having a little sugar syrup. It is just to ensure that the botom of the kalojam remains covered with the syrup.
8. On the following day, remove the kalojams from the syrup. Roll them on dry milk powder.
9. Serve on cup cake bottom.