Basmati rice – 2 1/2 cups
Green colour – 6 drops, dissolved in 1 tsp water
Red colour – 4 drops, dissolved in 1 tsp water
Peas – 60 gms, boiled
Egg white – 60 gms, boiled and chopped
Tomatoes – 60 gms, diced
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cloves – 6
Peppercorns – 12
Green cardamoms – 4
Ginger – 2 inch piece, minced
Garlic – 6 cloves, minced
Onions – 60gms, minced
Ghee – 60 gms
Water – 4 1/2 cups
Nuts – almonds, cashews and sultanas, for garnishing
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the rice properly and then soak in water.
2. Put ghee in a pan and heat. Then put in the garlic and onion and fry.
3. When done, add the whole spices, ginger, salt, green chillies, cumin seeds and saute.
4. Now, take the rice along with the water and add it to the pan. Cook till tender.
5. When the rice is done, divide it into three parts. Add green colour, coriander leaves and peas to the first part and mix well.
6. Add the diced tomatoes and the red colour to the second part and mix well too.
7. Now in the third part, add the chopped egg white.
8. Arrange the three portions as different layers.
9. Garnish with almonds, cashew nuts and sultanas.
Navratna Biryani Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Navratna Biryani from Awesome Cuisine.