Mutton chunks – 1 1/2 kg, boneless about 1 inch cubes
Onions – 4, skinned and thinly sliced
Oil – 1 cup
Red chillies (whole) – 8 to 10
Ginger – 1 1/2 tbsp, minced
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 1/2 tsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Papaya – 4 tbsp, raw and ground
Mustard oil – 1/2 cup
1. Clean the mutton chunks thoroughly.
2. Brown the onions in hot oil and remove to a plate.
3. Fry the whole chillies in the same oil only for a few seconds or they will burn.
4. Grind onions and red chillies to a smooth paste.
5. Place meat in a large bowl. Add onion paste, ginger, salt, garam masala, yogurt, ground papaya and mustard oil.
6. Mix the mixture really well for few minutes with your hands until the meat is coated well with marinade.
7. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 3-4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
8. Thread meat onto skewers.
9. Put skewers carefully over a gently charcoal flame and cook until meat is brown on each side for about 5-8 minutes.
10. Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with onion rings, green chilli and coriander leaves. Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot with naan or paratha.
Bihari Kebab Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Bihari Kebab from Awesome Cuisine.