Wheat Flour (Atta) – 4 cups
Maida (Plain Flour) – 6 tbsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup, melted
Cardamoms – 2
Pistachios – 15
Baking Powder – a pinch
1. Preheat the oven at 375F.
2. Powder the sugar and cardamon. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Coarsely powder the pistachios for decoration.
4. Add wheat flour, maida, powdered sugar and cardamom to a bowl. Add the baking powder and mix well.
5. Gradually add ghee and mix well to a pliable dough.
6. Do not add water.
7. Make even sized balls and flatten them slightly.
8. Dust a baking tray with little flour and grease it with ghee.
9. Place the prepared balls on the tray and make a cross pattern on top. Garnish with some pistachios.
10. Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake until the nankhatais start changing colour to golden brown.
11. Remove and allow them to cool.
12. Store them in an air tight container.
13. Serve as a snack.