Potatoes – 8, large
Cashewnuts – 1 tbsp, broken
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Clarified butter – 2 tsp (ghee)
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp, chopped
Cottage cheese – 4 tsp, grated
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – a pinch
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – for frying
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Raisins – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and carefully scoop out the centre, making sure to leave a thin but firm and even wall.
2. Shallow fry the potato boats and the scooped out leftovers separately.
3. Take care not to brown the boats, they should only be crisp on the sides.
4. Cool the scooped out portion of the potatoes and mash.
5. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, lemon juice, cashew nuts, raisins, grated cottage cheese and clarified butter. Stuff the mixture into the potato cases.
6. Arrange 4 pieces on one skewer and put some more grated cheese on top.
7. Grill till golden brown in colour.
8. Sprinklle with chopped coriander and chaat masala and serve