For the envelope
Milk – 1 cup
Refined flour – 4 tbsp
Cooking oil as required
For the filling
Khoya – 1 cup
For the sauce
Milk – 3 cups
Cardamom – 4-5, optional
Sugar – 9 tsp
1. Mix milk and flour to form a smooth paste. There should be no lumps in the mixture.
2. Pour 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and heat it.
3. Take some of the flour mixture in a ladle and spread it on the pan to form a circle of about 4 inch in diameter.
4. Fry it till the side turns brown.
5. Flip over and fry the other side too.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Fry all the mixture in the same manner.
To make the filling
1. Heat the milk in a pan on medium heat.
2. Stir it till the milk becomes quite thick in consistency.
3.Add the sugar to the thickened milk and continue to stir until the mixture becomes solid.
4. Set aside and cool the khowa.
To make the sauce
1. In a pan, heat the milk over a medium heat.
2. Stir till the milk thickens to a paste like consistency.
3. Add in the sugar and stir till all of it dissolves.
4. Add the cardamoms before removing the sauce from the heat.
To wrap the patishapta
1. Put the filling lengthwise on the envelope.
2. Wrap the envelop from both sides to form a roll and cover the filling.