1 cup Gram flour
1/4 cup Rice flour
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Asafoetida powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
1 tbsp Ghee
2 1/2 cups Raw peanuts with skin
Oil for deep frying
1. Combine gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, asafoetida powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in 1/3-1/2 cup water. Mix well to form a spreadable batter.
2. Melt ghee in a pan and blend into batter.
3. Smear batter evenly over peanuts.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan till smoking. Drop peanuts into hot oil and fry in batches over moderate heat, till golden brown. Drain and place on kitchen paper to absord excess oil.
5. The crunchy peantus can be cooled and stored in an airtight jar and served whenever required.