A delicious, quick and easy school/office lunch or evening snack for kids. A great way to use up any leftover chapatis.
Chapati (or Phulka) – 6 to 8
Potatoes – 4 to 5, boiled, peeled, mashed
Paneer – 1 cup, crumbled or finely chopped
Carrot – 1 cup, grated or finely chopped
Onion – 1, sliced or chopped (optional)
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Chat Masala Powder – 4 to 5 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the mashed potatoes, carrot, cheese, onions, chat masala powder, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the crumbled paneer and mix well.
3. If desired, shape this mixture into small balls and flatten them to a oblong (cutlet) shape.
4. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the prepared cutlets on both sides until golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. If you do not want to shape the mixture into small balls, heat little oil in a pan over medium flame. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Warm the chapatis or phulkas and place them on a flat surface.
8. Place one of the prepared cutlets (or add 2 to 3 tblsp of the mixture) in each chapati or phulka and roll it up.
9. Secure it with a toothpick, if needed.
10. Serve with sauce or chutney of choice.