Processed rice flour – 1 cup
Bengal gram flour – 1 cup
Roasted gram flour – 1 cup
Salt – 1 1/2 tsps
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Vanaspathi – 1 1/2 tblsp
Omam (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Rub soda with vanaspathi till frothy on a flat paste.
2. Mix it with all the dry ingredients till it blends with the flour.
3. Add salt, cumin seeds, ground omam and mix well.
4. Divide the flour into 3 parts. Sprinkle water to first part and prepare thick doughs.
5. Using single star disc, prepare small murukkus on top of a polythene sheet and deep fry in hot oil till crisp.
Crispy Murukku Recipe