Dosa Batter – 1 cup
Oil as required
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
For the Mushroom Masala:
Mushrooms – 100 gms
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, small, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1 1/2 to 2 tsp, grated
1. Grind all the ingredients given for grinding to a fine paste.
2. Wash and finely chopped the mushrooms.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the onions and tomatoes.
5. Saute until onions turn light golden.
6. Add the ground paste, salt and turmeric powder.
7. Add the mushrooms and stir well.
8. Cook until the raw smell is gone.
9. When the moisture has almost evaporated, garnish with curry leaves and remove from flame.
10. Add sugar to the dosa batter and mix well.
11. Heat a dosa tawa over medium flame.
12. Pour a ladleful of the batter and apply oil around the edges.
13. When it is three-fourths cooked, add some of the mushroom mixture and spread evenly.
14. Fold into half and cook for another 30 to 45 seconds on both sides, carefully flipping it over.
15. Remove and serve at once.