Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Oil (or Ghee) as required
Peanut Butter – as required
Salt as per taste
Roast and Grind:
Bengal Gram Dal – 50 gms
Corn (Maize) – 50 gms
Bajra (Kambu) – 2 tblsp
Barley – 2 tblsp
Ragi – 2 tblsp
Oats – 50 gms
Soya Beans – 2 tblsp
1. Dry roast the dal, corn, bajra, barley, ragi, oats and soya beans separately in a pan.
2. Cool and then grind them together to a fine powder.
3. Combine this with the wheat flour in a large bowl.
4. Add ghee and enough water.
5. Mix well to a chapati dough consistency – soft and pliable.
6. Keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
7. Make small balls of the dough and roll them out into small/medium chapatis.
8. Apply oil or ghee around the edges and cook on both sides.
9. Just before removing from the tawa add some peanut butter and spread evenly.
10. Fold the chapati and remove from flame.
11. Serve with jam or as it is.
image via skvilas