This delicious Mexican style Grilled Corn and Tomato Salsa is not only simple to make, it is also a perfect accompaniment to any party.
Corn – 1 ear, husked
Tomatoes – 2 to 3, ripe
Onions – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, finely chopped
Red Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 3 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp + little extra
Salt as per taste
1. Brush the corn with little olive oil and grill over an open flame until slightly blackened.
2. Scrape the kernels and keep aside.
3. Grill the tomatoes over an open flame until the skins are blistered and charred.
4. Slice and dice the tomatoes.
5. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
6. Gently mix well and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.