1. Wash the lentils in running water and soak overnight. Drain.
2. Put the drained lentils in a pot, add salt and water (approximately 1.5 litres), bring to a boil, cover and simmer, until the lentils are cooked and two-thirds of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Mash the lentils against the sides of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, chilli powder and two tablespoon butter.
4. Stir and cook for 45 minutes, add cream, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove into a bowl, garnish with the remaining butter.
Dal Bukhara Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Dal Bukhara from Awesome Cuisine.