White pumpkin – 1/4 kg
Tamarind – little (soak in water and extract)
Coriander seeds – 1 tblsp
Red chillies – 8
Toor dal – 1 tblsp
Grated fresh coconut – 2 tblsp
Oil for seasoning
mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
curry leaves, coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Scrape outer skin and cut the vegetable into 2 inch squares.
2. Cook in thin tamarind extract till soft.
3. Dry roast chillies, coriander, toor dal, coconut each separately till golden.
4. Grind together to smooth paste.
5. Add to cooked vegetable with salt and boil till thick.
6. Season with mustard seeds and garnish with curry leaves, coriander leaves.
Pumpkin Sambar Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Pumpkin Sambar from Awesome Cuisine.