Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2 large
Coconut extract – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Cashewnuts – 10 or 12
Onion – 1 or 2 diced
Diced Carrots – 1/4 cup
Shelled peas – 1/4 cup
Oil – 2 1/2 tblsp
few Cardamom, cinnamon and cloves
Salt - as required
Green chillies – 3
Red chillies – 4
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 4 flakes
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water.
2. Add 1 cup of coconut extract and 1 cup of water.
3. Pressure cook in separate container for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from fire and allow it to cool by spreading over a broad plate. Separate the grains.
5. Dice onions and tomatoes.
6. Cook carrots and peas separately.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan and add masala spices.
8. When it is done, add onions and fry till transparent.
9. Continue frying with diced tomatoes.
10. When it becomes pulpy, add ground paste, cooked carrots and peas.
11. Stir in medium flame for few minutes.
12. Add cooked rice with enough powdered salt and fry in a high flame for few minutes till rice becomes hot.
13. Serve hot garnished with cut coriander leaves.
Tomato Fried Rice Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Tomato Fried Rice from Awesome Cuisine.