A popular snack typically found in various beaches across the country, these simple to make and delicious spiced chickpeas are ideal as a teatime / evening snack or can also be packed for kids school lunchboxes.
Chickpeas – 1 cup
Cumin Powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – a small pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil – 3 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Pressure cook the chickpeas and remove.
2. Allow it to cool a bit.
3. Combine all the spices with the oil in a bowl.
4. Add the chickpeas and mix well.
5. Heat a nonstick fry pan over medium flame.
6. Roast the chickpeas until crispy and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Switch off the flame.
8. Cool and serve in small cups.