Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Onions – 2 big
Capsicum – 2
Cabbage – 150gms
Green Chillies – 7
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Cooking cheese Grated – 1/2 cup
Powdered Salt – as required
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Bread Crumbs or Rusk powder – 1/2 cup
Maida – 3 tbl sp
1. Pressure cook potatoes. Peel and mash well.
2. Grate onions and cabbage.
3. Chop capsicum into fine pieces. Mince green chillies.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seed or ani seed.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, minced chillies and then onion.
6. When it is half fried add grated cabbage and capsicum.
7. Stir constantly till raw smell goes in reduced flame.
8. Add mashed potatoes, salt, garam masala and fry for few minutes.
9. Remove from fire and cool down thoroughly
10. Add grated cheese and half of the bread crumbs.
11. Mix well and make into balls.
12. Dip in maida paste and roll on bread crumbs.
13. Fry on hot tawa till crisp with enough oil on both sides.
Note: If cutlets looses its shape while frying add few soaked, squeezed bread slices to the potato mixture.
Cooking cheese gives best results than ordinary cheese cubes.