Raw Rice – 4 cups
Whole Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Oil – 250 ml
Salt – 1/4 tsp or as per taste
Jaggery – 250 gms, powdered
Ghee – 1 tblsp
1. Combine the rice and dal together.
2. Grind them in a flour mill to a fine powder.
3. Sieve the flour and add salt.
4. Gradually add water and mix well.
5. Make small balls of the mixture and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
7. Add the prepared balls to a thenkuzhal maker and press over the hot oil.
8. Fry till light golden and remove. Break them into small pieces and transfer to a plate.
9. Gently boil the jaggery in a cup of water till it dissolves completely.
10. Strain the jaggery water and boil till it is slightly thick.
11. Pour this over the broken thenkuzhals.
12. Grease your hands with ghee and shape them to small-medium balls.