Semolina – 250 gms
Oil – 1/4 cup
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water as required
1. Mix the semolina with ajwain, asafoetida powder, red chilli powder and salt.
2. Add some water and knead to a dough.
3. Cover the dough with a thin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Make small balls of the dough and flatten them with your palm.
5. Roll them into small puris and fry them in hot oil until golden and crispy.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Store in an airtight container.
8. Serve with chutney of choice.