Moong Dal – 250 gms
Sugar – 150 gms
Ghee – 150 gms
Milk – 1/4 cup
Almonds – 2 tblsp, broken
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp, broken
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Kesari Powder – a pinch (optional)
1. Dry roast the dal for a few minutes and soak them in water.
2. Drain and sprinkle milk. Then grind to a smooth paste.
3. Heat little ghee in a frying pan.
4. Fry the almonds and cashewnuts.
5. Add the remaining ghee to the pan.
6. Add the ground paste and sugar. Stir well till it reaches a halwa consistency.
7. Add the cashewnuts, kesari powder, cardamom powder and almonds.
8. Mix well and remove.
Asoka Halwa Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Asoka Halwa from Awesome Cuisine.