A delicious South Indian (esp Tamil Nadu and Kerala) dish made with Vazhakkai and other vegetables.
Vazhakkai (Raw Banana) – 1 cup, sliced lengthwise
Mixed Vegetables – 1 1/2 cups, sliced (carrot, beans, potatoes and drumsticks)
Curd – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Coconut Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 4
1. Grind the coconut and green chillies to a fine paste.
2. Combine all the vegetables in a large pan.
3. Add enough water and cook until tender. Ensure the vegetables do not become too soft or mushy.
4. Add the ground coconut mixture and bring to a boil.
5. Add coconut oil and mix well.
6. Remove from flame.
7. Serve hot.