A quick and easy recipe that is ideal for school or office lunch or for a quick evening snack.
Raw Peanuts – 2 cups
Dry Red Chillies – 10
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice – 2 to 3 cups, cooked
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
1. Dry roast the peanuts and keep aside.
2. Dry roast the urad dal, bengal gram dal, red chillies and asafoetida powder.
3. Remove and cool. Then grind them to a fine powder.
4. Add the peanuts and grind coarsely.
5. Mix this with the cooked rice in a large bowl.
6. Heat oil for tempering and fry the tempering ingredients.
7. Add this to the rice and mix well.