Milk – 1 cup
White Pumpkin – 1 cup, peeled, chopped
Sugar – 2 cups
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Almonds – 2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 2 tsp
Unsweetened Khoya – 1/2 cup, crumbled
1. Combine the milk and pumpkin in a pressure cooker.
2. Cook until 1 whistle and remove.
3. Cool and grind well.
4. Transfer to a heavy bottomed pan and place over medium flame.
5. Add sugar and stir well.
6. After a minute or two, add the khoya.
7. Stir to mix well.
8. When it starts to thicken, add ghee and stir well. Ensure it does not stick to the bottom.
9. Once it reaches a halwa consistency, remove from flame.
10. Fry the almonds and cashew nuts in little ghee.
11. Garnish the halwa with the fried almonds and cashew nuts.
Tip: If desired, add orange edible food colour.