A variation to the regular chapati, this one stays good for up to a week and can be served anytime.
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Roasted Peanuts – 2 tsp, powdered
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 3 1/2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ghee as required
1. Combine all the ingredients, except ghee, in a large bowl.
2. Add enough water and knead well to a thick, pliable dough.
3. Make small balls of the dough and roll them into chapatis.
4. Heat ghee in a tawa over medium flame.
5. Cook on both sides adding little ghee around the edges.
6. Remove and serve with butter, pickle or sauce.
7. This chapati stays good for upto a week.