Raw Rice – 2 cups, washed
Milk – 10 to 12 cups
Water – 4 cups
Salt as per taste
1. In a large pot, boil the milk with water over high flame.
2. Add the rice and stir from time to time.
3. Reduce flame to medium.
4. Cook till the mixture turns thick and creamy.
5. Remove and add salt to taste.
6. Mix well.
7. Serve hot with chutney or gotsu.
Tip: Ensure the pongal does not get burnt. Keep stirring regularly to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.