Chilli Parotta is a popular street food in South India, especially Tamil Nadu.
Parotta (Plain Paratha) – 10, chopped into small pieces
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1/2 cup
Corn Flour – 3/4 cup
Red Edible Colour – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Ginger – a small piece, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, slice
Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves, finely chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions, green chillies, capsicums, ginger and garlic for a minute.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add 1/2 cup of corn flour, salt, food colour to maida.
5. Add enough water and mix well to a dosa batter consistency.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium.
7. Add the chopped parathas to the batter and fry in hot oil.
8. Remove and keep aside.
9. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
10. Add the onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
11. Saute for 2 minutes.
12. Add red chilli powder, fried parottas and mix well.
13. Add little water to the remaining corn flour and add to the pan.
14. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
15. Add the capsicums and remove after a minute.
16. Serve with onion raita or curd pachadi or as it is.