Shrimps - 1 kg, shelled, deveined, tails intact
Maida - 6 tblsp
Egg - 2, beaten
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Oil - 4 cups, for deep fryingMethod:
1. Mix the maida, salt, baking powder and water in a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs and stir well until smooth.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium flame.
4. Dip the shrimps in the flour mixture and gently drop it into the hot oil.
5. Deep fry the shrimps until lightly browned.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve with chutney or sauce of choice.image credit: mykitchensnippets.com