Pudina (Mint Leaves) – 1 cup
COriander Leaves (Kothamalli) – 1 cup
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Tamarind – little
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
2. Fry the urad dal, dry red chillies and asafoetida powder for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Add salt and grind coarsely.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan.
5. Stir-fry the mint and coriander leaves for a minute.
6. Add the ground powder, coconut and stir well.
7. Transfer to a mixer jar and add the tamarind.
8. Grind to a fine paste and remove. Add a little water if desired.
10. Serve with hot rice.