Fine Rava – 1 cup
Green Gram Dal – 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp, coarsely powdered
Pepper – 3/4 tsp, coarsely powdered
Salt – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Water – 3 to 4 cups
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Cashewnuts – 10, broken into pieces
Ghee – 1 1/2 tblsp
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a small pressure pan and add the dal.
2. Pressure cook for 1 whistle in low flame.
3. Heat little ghee and fry rava until golden.
4. Pour 2 1/2 cups of boiling water to the fried rava along with salt.
5. Cook under low flame.
6. When the rava is cooked, add the dal with the cooked water.
7. Add the pepper, cumin seeds and grated ginger.
8. Mix gently till a pongal consistency is reached.
9. Add fried cashewnuts, curry leaves and remove from fire.
10. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Rava Pongal Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Rava Pongal from Awesome Cuisine.