3 cups rice
3-1/2 cups sugar powdered
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. khuskhus (poppy seeds)
3 cups (approx. ghee)
1. Wash and soak rice for 3 days, changing water each day.
2. Wash and drain water, dry on a thick soft cloth, till dry.
3. Grind into powder and mix with sugar.
4. Press dough tightly, keep aside covered, for 2-3 hours.
5. Sprinkle very little milk, knead into smooth, stiff, dough.
6. Add milk very carefully, as sugar may make the dough soggy and soft.
7. Divide dough into 50 parts. Keep covered with a moist clean cloth.
8. Use a clean plastic sheet.
9. Sprinkle a few grain of seeds, mould one part into a thin round.
10. Press onto poppy seeds.
11. Put 4 tbsp. ghee for heating in a thickbottomed frying pan.
12. When hot, place round, seeds side up, in ghee.
13. Shallowfry till golden on low-medium heat.
14. Drain keep aside to cool. Add more ghee to pan as required.
15. Heat, and repeat for all dough.
16. If done rightly, they should have a fine meshylike look on them and be crisp.
17. Otherwise they have been underdone in centre.
18. Store in airtight container after completely cooled and crisp.
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Anarsa from Awesome Cuisine.