A simple, delicious and tasty appetizer for any meal or occasion. As this recipe does not use any oil, it is also healthy.
Shrimps – 15, raw, deveined, peeled, tails intact
Butter – 1 tblsp, melted
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Egg – 1 small
Maida – 1/8 cup
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Mustard Powder – 1/4 tsp
Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Flakes – a pinch
1. Mix maida, sugar, salt and red chilli flakes in a bowl.
2. Beat the egg in an another bowl and add the lime juice.
3. Dredge the shrimps in the flour mixture and dip them in the egg.
4. Then coat them well with the coconut.
5. Place them on a baking tray and drizzle with butter.
6. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes in a preheated oven at 425F/210C, turning once or twice.
7. When the shrimps are pink and start to brown, remove and cool.
8. Serve with chutney or sauce.