Ginger – 50 gms, cleaned, washed, peeled, finely chopped
Tamarind – small lemon sized ball, mixed with little water
Jaggery – little, powdered
Green Chillies – 3, finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – little
Asafoetida Powder – litt
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Add the green chillies, ginger and saute well.
3. Add tamarind, salt and enough water.
4. Grind together in a mixie.
5. Add little oil to the pan and fry the mustard seeds, asafoetida powder and fenugreek seeds for 30 seconds.
6. Add the ground paste and jaggery.
7. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Serve with rice.