Gasa Gasa (Poppy Seeds) – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup, powdered
Milk – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts – 10 to 12, fried in little ghee
1. Soak the gasa gasa in water for 5 hours and drain the water completely.
2. Add milk and grind to a fine paste.
3. Heat little ghee in a pan.
4. Add the ground paste and jaggery.
5. Stir to mix well.
6. Add the remaining ghee and stir well ensuring it does not stick to the bottom.
7. Remove when it reaches a halwa consistency.
8. Transfer to a greased plate.
9. Garnish with the cashewnuts.
10. Cut into desired shapes and serve.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.