Potatoes – 5 (medium sized)
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek leaves – 3 or 4 small bunches
Green chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbl sps
Fresh thick curds – 3 tbls sps
Tomato paste – 3 tbl sps
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsps
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Pressure cook potatoes. Peel outer skin and cut into large pieces
2. Slit green chillies length wise.
3. Wash and chop fenugreek leaves.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, add cumin seeds, slit chillies and then chopped onions.
5. When it turns gold, add fenugreek and fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
6. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and then curds.
7. Mix well and then add, potato pieces.
8. Cook for 5 to 7 minutues stirring in-between.
9. Add tomato paste, 1/2 tsp of sugar, garam masala powder and cook till dry.
10. Serve hot with pulkas.
Note: Normally this curry is served dry, if you want it like a gravy, pour 1 1/2 cup water att he end and cook for a few more minutes
Aloo Methi Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Aloo Methi from Awesome Cuisine.