350 gm basmati rice
400 gm keema
3 tbsp dahi
1 large-sized onion (chopped)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
100 gm ghee
½ cup milk
a few strands of saffron
1â€³ piece of cinnamon
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp lime juice.
1. Cook the rice in salted water till it is just half done.
2. Drain out the water and keep aside. Mix the saffron in milk and keep aside.
3. Mix the saffron in milk and keep aside.
4. Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the chopped onion. Fry till it is translucent.
Add the whole spices and allow to splutter.
5. Mix in the minced meat and the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 6-7 minutes over a medium heat.
6. Once the keema is nicely fried and a fine aroma rises, mix in the curd and the red chilli powder and continue to cook over a low heat for another 3-4 minutes.
Put off the flame and keep aside.
7. Take an oven-proof dish with a lid and place a portion of the half-cooked rice at the bottom of the half-cooked rice at the bottom of the baking dish.
8. Cover with a portion of the prepared keema and sprinkle half of the saffron milk and half the quantity of the lime juice.
9. Cover with another portion of rice and repeat the layers for the keema, lime juice and saffron.
10. Top with the remaining rice.
11. Pour the chicken stock over the layered biryani.
12. Seal the top with the lid or with foil, and bake in an oven at low temperature for 15 minutes.
13.Ready to serve.
Keema Biryani Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Keema Biryani from Awesome Cuisine.