Green gram dal (Moongh Dal) - 3/4 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Jaggery (powered) - 1- 1 1/2 cups
Cardamoms - 4-5
A few cashewnuts broken into pieces
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
A few raisons
Small piece coconut, cut into tiny pieces - 1
Ghee - 1 tbsp
A pinch of cooking camphor (opt)
1. Boil dal to a light brown colour. Remove, cool : wash.
2. Add water, set to boil. When Dal has cooked, mash thoroughly.
3. Add jaggery and continue to cook till jaggery has dissolved.
4. Add milk, boil further for 2-3 minutes, remove from fire.
5. heat ghee, fry cashew nut pieces, coconut pieces and raisons, each separately. Add cardamom powder, along with camphor, mix all of it.
1. This payasam can be prepared with coconut milk also. For this, use gratings of half the coconut and if desired 1/2 cup milk as well.
2. Take out first milk, then second, and third milk.
3. Add to the dal the third milk (add some water if the quantity is not sufficient), set to boil, when done, mash thoroughly.
4. Add second milk and jaggery, cook till done.
5. Add first milk, boil just once and remove from fire.
6. Add ordinary milk and garnish as before.
Payatham Paruppu Payasam Recipe
Latest Video Recipes
Have you tried this simple and tasty Payatham Paruppu Payasam recipe from Awesome Cuisine?
Share your tips or leave a comment below.