- Always use glass, porcelain or china jars for picklings. Make sure the lids can be secured tightly.
- Shaking pickling jar should be done in the following manner.
Place jar on a folded napkin. Hold neck with both hands. Shake in Pendulum motion using base as pivote.
- Never use wet spoons, ladles etc to remove or handle pickle. Moistures paves way for rotting.
- Always press back remaining pickle with a rubber spatula or spoon back making sure under the pickle is fully submerged the oil layer.
Tips for Pickles
You might also like these blogposts
- Indian Food Bloggers to watch in 2014
- Popular Krishna Jayanthi (Gokulashtami) Recipes
- Top 5 Reasons Not to Skip Breakfast
- 20 Nutritional and Health Benefits of Papaya
- 10 Christmas Recipes for Kids
- Health Benefits of Flaxseed
- Dear Santa, This Year I’d Like
- How Are You Breaking Your Fast Today? Choose From Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this "Tips for Pickles" blog post from Awesome Cuisine.