- Always use glass, porcelain or china jars for picklings. Make sure the lids can be secured tightly.
- Shaking pickling jar should be done in the following manner.
Place jar on a folded napkin. Hold neck with both hands. Shake in Pendulum motion using base as pivote.
- Never use wet spoons, ladles etc to remove or handle pickle. Moistures paves way for rotting.
- Always press back remaining pickle with a rubber spatula or spoon back making sure under the pickle is fully submerged the oil layer.
Tips for Pickles
You might also like these blogposts
- 20 Popular Biryanis of India
- The Benefits and Nutritional Values of Ghee
- 10 Popular Easter Dishes
- 10 Common Cooking Mistakes
- 15 Popular Indian Appetizers and Snacks
- Passionate About Pasta? Cooking it to Perfection is Easier Than You Think!
- [Product Review] MojoBar – The Deliciously Healthy Snack
- 10 Foods that Lower Blood Pressure
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this "Tips for Pickles" blog post from Awesome Cuisine.